Diagnostic Lab Manager
Esco was the first company in 1978 to build isolation rooms in Singapore and the ASEAN region and is now a leading producer of laboratory equipment dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to improve lives
Esco Aster is a contract development and manufacturing organization arm, developing our end-to-end platform for therapeutics and vaccines.
As part of Singapore’s strategy to ensure self-sufficiency, Esco Aster is expanding scientific development capabilities to set up our testing efforts for COVID-19.
The lab manager will be part of a diverse and dynamic entrepreneurial team contributing to pioneering and developing COVID-19 diagnostics through our Trace, Test and Treat platform. Adept at working in a team and managing a lab environment, the lab manager will train staff and translate research into approved test methods.
The Lab Manager will deputise the Medical Director in ensuring that the Laboratory Team is effective in executing the COVID-19 tests, through:
- Day-to-day management of the Laboratory
- Establishing the policies and procedures and ensuring compliance from lab technicians
- Providing scientific and technical expertise in managing the internal and external quality control programs of the laboratory
- Participating in several study-based activities planning to assist the implementation and development of experimental methods and techniques
- Creating and overseeing implementation of official documents such as safety and technical procedures, other Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs)
- Training and enabling laboratory staff on experimental techniques/technology systems and executing lab procedures, achieving high-quality test results
- Overseeing the evaluation of any new test and test methods/analysis for implementation in the laboratory service
- Prepare the laboratory for all audits, licensing and accreditation
- Bachelor’s Degree and above in Medical/Clinical Laboratory Science, Pathology, Biotechnology, Life Science, Biology, Molecular Biology, or Virology
- Relevant working experience in a clinical laboratory, with 3 - 5 years in supervisory position, to sufficiently meet MOH’s requirements.
- Prepared to work in a start-up environment
- Able to commence work immediately or on a short notice period