Diagnostic Lab Technician – Specialty Diagnostics Lab
Established in 1978, Esco Lifesciences Group is a forward-looking company focused on building a synergistic ecosystem of life science tools, diagnostics, therapies, and technologies to improve human lives. Based in Singapore, Esco is also the most globalized homegrown life sciences company, employing over 1,400 employees across 43 locations in 20+ countries, operating across life science equipment, fertility technologies, pharma/bioprocess tools/CDMO.
Esco Aster is a contract development and manufacturing organization arm, developing our end-to-end platform for therapeutics and vaccines with our clients.
As part of Singapore’s work to ensure self-sufficiency, Esco Aster is expanding scientific development capabilities to set up our testing efforts for Covid-19 and other collaborative projects.
The Diagnostic Lab Technician – Specialty Diagnostics Lab (“Lab Technician”) will be part of a diverse and dynamic entrepreneurial team contributing to pioneering and developing COVID-19 diagnostics through our Trace, Test and Treat platform. Adept at working in a team environment and managing lab environment, training staff and translating research into approved test methods.
The Lab Technician will deputise the Lab Manager and Medical Director to ensure that the Laboratory Team is effective in executing the specialty diagnostic tests, through:
- Design, review, edit and performing experimental methodologies and specific experiments.
- Performing analyses and calculations to interpret results and communicate findings
- Maintenance, testing, calibration, updates and review of equipment and supplies in adherence to the lab quality systems
- Assisting the planning and implementation of several study-based activities in the specialty diagnostics labs
- Assisting the creation and implementation of quality documents such as technical procedure, policy and work instructions (WIs)
- Training and enabling junior laboratory staff on experimental techniques/technology systems and executing lab procedures, achieving high-quality test results
- Evaluation of new test and test methods/analysis for implementation in the laboratory service
- Preparation of the laboratory for all audits, licensing and accreditation
- Bachelor’s Degree and above in Medical/Clinical Laboratory Science, Pathology, Biotechnology, Life Science, Biology, Molecular Biology, or Virology.
- Relevant working experience in a clinical laboratory, with 3 years in a related laboratory position
- Goal-oriented and willing to go the extra mile to achieve milestones with the team
- Prepared to work in a start-up environment
- Able to commence work immediately or on short notice period