Bioprocess Scientist (Fermentation)
The Opportunity: The scientist will use his/her skills in research and process development, and be part of an enthusiastic entrepreneurial community. This position has been designed for the individual to benefit from the resources available, conduct microbial cell line development for the pilot and large scale production of recombinant products. The position will expose the individual to a fast paced and exciting environment, allowing the individual to acquire lateral / domain expertise and grow with the company.
The Scope: The scientist will perform research and process development activities in collaboration with other stakeholders (academics, corporate partners, contract research organizations, customers) such as-
- Independent operation of pilot and industrial scale fermentation/upstream process equipment following GLP/GMP guidelines and able to troubleshoot operational and equipment issues
- Identify, recommend and implement process and operational improvements of upstream process while maintaining safe operations
- Run associated downstream equipment
- Demonstrate technical competence utilizing detailed knowledge of standard analytical techniques in fermentation process development and data analysis.
- Completing required document for SOPs, operational training and safety training.
- Opportunities to work with collaborators on other sites
Job Responsibilities: The Scientist will be able to work independently and work on problems of diverse scope requiring analysis of data and evaluation of identifiable factors. He/she will develop expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts, provide detailed data, results, analyses, and summary reports to management, and recommend paths forward based on analysis. He/she must demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent thought.
- A PhD degree in Life Science or related disciplines.
- A degree in Biotechnology/Molecular biology preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in in fermentation operation is preferred.
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.