Research Assistant/Officer (Fermentation)
The Opportunity: The scientist will use his/her skills in research and process development, and be part of an enthusiastic entrepreneurial community. This position has been designed for the individual to benefit from the resources available, conduct microbial cell line development for the pilot and large scale production of recombinant products. The position will expose the individual to a fast paced and exciting environment, allowing the individual to acquire lateral / domain expertise and grow with the company.
The Scope: The scientist will perform research and process development activities in collaboration with other stakeholders (academics, corporate partners, contract research organizations, customers) such as-
- Identification of the optimal strain and expression strategy by screening optimized gene sequences, promoters, signal sequences, plasmid stability and expression strain
- Performing molecular biology techniques such as plasmid extraction, polymer chain reaction, cloning, electrophoresis, transformation.
- Expression strain characterisation following regulatory guideline
- Optimization of expression conditions: induction, media, temperature and kinetic
- He/she will also be responsible for technology scouting and evaluation of technologies, negotiation of in-licensing and collaboration agreements and perform all other related duties as assigned..
Job Responsibilities: The Scientist will be able to work independently and work on problems of diverse scope requiring analysis of data and evaluation of identifiable factors. He/she will develop expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts, provide detailed data, results, analyses, and summary reports to management, and recommend paths forward based on analysis. He/she must demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent thought.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or related disciplines.
- A degree in Biotechnology/Molecular biology preferred.
- At least 2 years working experience in a life-sciences or related laboratory.
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.