Research Assistant/Officer (Vaccine / Proteins)
Background: Esco Aster is looking for a Research Assistant/Officer (RA/RO) to be a part of our process development / application / tech scouting team leveraging our proprietary bioprocessing platform that runs on Tide Motion.
Cell lines for vaccines / Viral Production that you will be working with may include Vero, MDCK, MDBK, CHO as well as other adherent cell lines for production of viruses, MABs and recombinant proteins.
Cell lines for VLPs will involve Hek 293 / 293 T cell lines for production of Virus like Particles.
The Opportunity: The RA/RO will use his/her skills in research and process development, and be a part of an enthusiastic entrepreneurial community. This position has been designed for the individual to benefit from the resources available, conduct process development of Vaccine/Virus products, as well as being exposed a fast-paced and exciting atmosphere. The position will allow for the individual to acquire lateral / domain expertise and grow with the company.
The Scope: The RA/RO will perform research and process development activities in collaboration with other stakeholders (academics, corporate partners, contract research organizations, customers) relating to Vaccine/Virus process development. He/she will also be responsible for technology scouting and evaluation of technologies, negotiation of in-licensing and collaboration agreements.
Job Responsibilities: The RA/RO will be able to work independently and in a team to work on problems of diverse scope requiring analysis of data and evaluation of identifiable factors. He/she will develop expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts, provide detailed data, results, analyses, and summary reports to management, and recommend paths forward based on analysis. He/she must demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent thought.
The RA/RO will know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Masters in Biology, Virology, Life Sciences, Immunology, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, BioEngineering or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an R&D or product development experience is preferred,; Minimum must be an undergrad with at least 2 years of experience in an R&D or product development experience;
- Experience with adherent cell lines and cell culture including QC of viruses.
- Experience in Vaccine/Virus research and bioprocess development, including reagents/media as well as purification methods.
- Experience developing pharmaceutical or bio analytical methods
- Experience in Immunology to determine correlates of protection and mechanisms of action of vaccines.
- Experience authoring scientific publications is required as writing of white papers / technical reports as well as scaling up protocols is required
- Experience conducting biology-related research is required. You should be capable to independently and efficiently plan and perform experiments in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to write scientific publications and present data at national and international conferences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel is required
- Proficiency in standard experimental analysis software such as DOE (Design of Experiment) and LIMS (Laboratory information management system), GLP (Good Laboratory practices) as part of contract clinical development, is required
Must have soft skills:
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Details oriented, committed, accountable, positive and make it happen attitude
- Presentation skills
- Project management and reporting
- Ability to work independently
- Presentation skills:
- Familiarity with cell culture and scaling up
- Experience in authoring scientific grants is preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA Regulations / eu CGMP / PIC/s Directive and Guidelines preferred
Interested candidates, please submit a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.